This TED-Ed video uses a beautiful range of pictures to quickly introduce the five major current world religions: first Hinduism, then Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, and lastly Islam. It discusses the basics of their history, major beliefs, and demographics. It also includes a quick, good intro and outro to the topic of comparative religion.
- Can you name some of the Hindu Gods and what they represent?
- How do you achieve ‘moksha’ in Hinduism?
- What was so new about Judaism?
- After the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem what happened?
- What was the analogy that set off a ‘eureka!’ moment for the Buddha?
- What causes suffering in Buddhism and how can we reduce it?
- Why is Jesus so central to Christianity?
- What facts did you learn about Christianity you may have not known before?
- What are the five pillars of Islam?
- What is so special about the Quran for Muslims?
Keywords: religion, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, history, Islam, Judaism, dogma, doctrine, belief, culture,