“Image is powerful, but also image is superficial.” Cameron Russell, who has worked as a super model for the past ten years, powerfully discusses how important and unimportant beauty is, how we define what is beautiful, the role of privilege in society, problems with race the model industry has, and so on. Cameron frames this discussion around the questions she is always asked, including 1) how do I become a model, 2) do they retouch all of the photos, 3) do you get free stuff.
- Have you or do you know anyone who thinks that if they’re beautiful they’ll be happy?
- Why are people so concerned with physical beauty?
- How are race and beauty related?
- Should fashion and other magazines be allowed to digitally touch up photos of models?
- What can we do to create a world wear people have a healthier understanding of beauty and body image?
Keywords: confidence, beauty, feminism, gender, happiness, image, insecurity, race, racism discrimination, society, norms,