The video discusses the biology of what pain is, how we all respond to pain, and how different people are affected by pain. Some people, for instance, are distracted by pain when trying to do something, while others are not. The video defines pain as an “unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage.” The video spends the second half discussing how we differently experience both pain and treatments for pain.
- What is pain? What are some things that can cause pain?
- Why did we evolve a capacity for pain?
- How do we all sense and react to pain?
- How do we sense and react to pain differently?
- What are some ways we can treat or overcome pain?
Keywords: pain, treatment, psychology, brain, neuroscience, nerves,