This great TED Ed video discusses the various reason opinion polls can both help and harm our discussions about social and political issues. They’re definitely necessary, but we should all be skeptical and make sure to do our research when reading about one. A great video for helping develop skeptical and critical thinkers.
- What is a sample? What does a good sample look like?
- What is interviewer bias and a push poll? What are some examples?
- In what ways are opinion polls important? What if we didn’t have them?
- In what ways can they be harmful? What happens in such cases?
- How can we critically think through the polls we read about?
Keywords: polls, politics, survey, bias, interview, information, education, social, society, democracy, critical thinking, skepticism, media,