How did a meeting intended to revise the Articles of Confederation lead to the new Constitution for the United States? Discover how a handful of men–sitting in sweltering heat and shrouded by secrecy–changed the course of history for America in 1787.
- What are the Articles of Confederation?
- Name some characteristics that all of the writers of the Constitution had in common?
- How long did it take to write the Constitution?
- What crucial promise were the Founding Fathers able to keep while writing the Constitution? (Hint: it would be nearly impossible to keep today.)
- Why does the video describe the writing of the Constitution by the Founding Fathers as an act of “overthrowing the very government that sent the there”?
- What is a constitutional amendment? Name an important amendment and explain why itwas necessary.
Keywords: politics, history, America, constitution, founding fathers, government,