Alain de Botton discusses why we need not fear moral collapse if and when religion disappears.
- Why do you think people associate religion with morality?
- Do you think that you can have values without religion?
- What are the different views of freedom that Botton argues religious and secular people have?
- How might the social structures of religion help us ‘be our best’?
- Can and should we create similar structures in the Humanist movement?
Keywords: religion, humanism, atheism, values, ethics, morality, society