This video discusses the basic types of fictional heroes in literature, film, and mythology. The video discusses examples and the basic tropes of 1) Epic heroes, like Beowolf, 2) Tragic heroes, such as Oedipus and Romeo, 3) Romantic heroes, e.g. King Arthur and Luke Skywalker. For different situations, we all need different heroes to inspire and remind us.
- What are the three kinds of heroes the video discusses? What makes each type unique?
- Can you think of any other basic kinds or types of heroes or heroines?
- How can each inspire, model, and remind us of what we value and strive for?
- Why is it important to have heroes? When can looking up to our heroes be a bad thing?
- What do you think there weren’t any examples of heroines? What can we do about that?
Keywords: hero, heroine, humanity, literature, imagination, art, role model, ethics, mythology,