This great video asks questions to a bunch of 7-12 year old kids from India, one of the most religiously diverse countries in the world, about what religion is and its value. The questions are reproduced below. Their answers are surprising, but you’ll just have to watch to see why. Most of the answers are not in English but have subtitles.
- What surprised you most about their answers? Or were they what you expected?
- Do you agree or disagree with most of them? Was there an answer you didn’t understand?
- What do you think religion is? And what is your religion?
- Do you have friends who are of others religions? And are they different?
- What purpose does religion serve?
- What would the world be like without religion?
Keywords: religion, god, conflict, nontheism, secularism, India, children