This great Crash Course video starts off with a story about a fictional girl, explaining how her eating disorder started and even made a lot of sense to her. It then focuses on general statistics of such disorders across the US, their causes, the various types of disorders, and other issues.
- What are some of the types of eating disorders?
- What are some of the social causes of these disorders?
- What are some of the personal, psychological causes, like the need for control, that often lead to eating disorders?
- Do you know anyone or, even had problems yourself, with these issues? (Discuss only if everyone is comfortable doing so.)
- What can we do ourselves and with our friends?
Keywords: psychology, eating disorder, mental, body image, anorexia, health, bulimia, body dismorphia, OCD, binging,