This video discusses the concept of Aliefs. The video starts off with an example of aliefs in action while walking on a Skywalk. It then discusses what they are and how they are related to aliefs. It then ends discussing other examples of aliefs we regularly experience, including disgust and racism.
- What is the Skywalk example? What is the disconnect between our beliefs and our feelings here?
- What is an Alief? What are the 5 A’s of Aliefs?
- How are Aliefs and Beliefs similar? different?
- How can aliefs affect our behaviors around race?
- Can you think of any other examples where our Aliefs and Beliefs conflict?
Keywords: aliefs, beliefs, epistemology, rationality, feelings, emotions, cognition, philosophy, psychology, behavior, bias,